- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 03, 2012
- Version: 1.10
- Size: 555 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andrew McKinney
Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 5.1 or later.
AAC are not one size fits all. Users need to work with a speech-language pathologist and/or an assistive technology specialist to find the best tool to meet the users individual needs. Speech Hero AAC was designed to be used with little professional intervention. It has a wonderful simplistic design that is very intuitive in its set up and use. The cost of Speech Hero AAC is very reasonable for all that it can do.
If you would like to purchase the App now please do so via this link iTunes
- Official tool of the NASA Space & Rocket Center
Speech Hero features:
- Over 6000 unique tiles provided by SymbolStix©
- 7 unique Text-to-Speech voices by Acapela©
- Predictive tap-and-type mode with thousands of common utterances
- Creation of tiles from photos, web images, anywhere
- Powerful edit mode with the ability to reorganise the entire interface
For more information, including videos, voice samples or to talk to use, visit SpeechHero.com
Recommended Ages: Any age that appropriate professional make the recommendation that this is the app for the individual.
What I Like About This App
- Great tutorial when you first open the app.
- You have the choice of six different voices.
- The ability to re size the tiles so you can place less on a page.
- Customizing it to the user is easy with the folder system the app uses.
- Love that I can use the camera to create custom symbols for my users tiles.
- The favourites function that allows you to access tiles easier is a great feature.
- When I was accessing the predictive mode, I loved how accurate the predictions were.
What I Would Like To See Added In Future Updates
- Ability to customise for regional dialects from around the world.
- Continue to add additional symbolstix images to the folders and/or create additional folders.
Is This App Appropriate For Students with Special Needs?
Without a doubt, this app is appropriate for students with special needs. It is a good quality AAC app that is well designed. The developers have done an excellent job of adding numerous features but keeping the app simple in its layout, design and use. The sky is the limit regarding what type of communication you can facilitate using Speech Hero AAC since you are able to customise communication by importing pictures you took with the iPad camera. I believe this is a good quality AAC app for a very reasonable price.
More information about Speech Hero can be viewed by clicking on the following links:
We have 3 copies of this AAC app to give away. Please enter via our Rafflecopter below .